Whatever your business is, you know that advertising is key to creating a sustained base of consumers that know and trust your company. However, there are endless ways to advertise and it’s hard to know what strategy will work best to attract customers. The world of online advertising is huge and it’s essential to find a way to stand out amongst all the competition. You want viewers to really notice your ad rather than scroll past it.
Many companies choose to advertise with either video advertisements that play on websites, or with banners. Both of these advertising methods have their benefits and drawbacks. In this article, we will explain the benefits of both of these methods, and tell you which method works better for a marketing campaign. Finally, we’ll give some tips for the most effective video and banner advertising to make your advertising worth it by attracting consistent customers.
Get long-term ROI.
Not fake marketing jargon or typical agency bullshit.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Benefits of video advertising
The world of video advertising is huge. Even just on the internet, video ads are everywhere–they play while browsing a website, before watching a YouTube video, and during ad breaks on some streaming services. But what makes them such an effective method of advertising?
Videos allow you to speak directly to your customers. Viewers feel as if they are receiving a personalized message. Complete with audio, text, graphics, and ideally a compelling story, video advertising creates a lasting memory in the viewer’s brain, whether they realize it or not. Running video ads is an excellent way to get your brand out there and start attracting customers.
Benefits of advertising with banners
While video advertising is compelling to viewers, banners can be used anywhere and everywhere. Banner advertisements can be seen all over social media, on search engines, and on any blog or news site on the internet.
Banners are a great advertising tool because they allow you to reach a huge audience. They are also less expensive than creating a video, so you may get more reach for less money. Banners pop up and follow the viewer around different websites, and advertising services can make sure those banners target exactly the customer that would be interested in your business. Banners are super easy to make–all you need is some great design that stands out amongst the noise of online ads, and you can start attracting customers on every site the banner appears on.
Why you should advertise in multiple ways
While video advertising and online banners both have some great plus sides, there are also some drawbacks to the two forms of marketing. For example, video ads may be muted by the viewer and may not be seen as often as banners. Banners can sometimes be blocked out by AdBlocker software, and may not be as compelling to customers as a video advertisement.
But where banners lack, video advertisements make up for, and vice versa. This is why we recommend that you create a diverse marketing campaign that targets customers from many angles. The most successful marketing campaign will have both a high-quality video advertisement and matching banners that promote the same message as the video. With this strategy, you can easily target viewers from all angles and run a full-scale, diverse campaign.
Check out this article for more information on how to create a great marketing strategy.
Tips for great video advertising
Here are our top tips for creating a great video advertisement, no matter what your company sells:
- Tell a story: Advertisements with a storyline are more compelling across the board than advertisements without. Storylines capture the audience and make them want to keep watching.
- Keep it short: Target your video to be one minute or less. Any longer and the viewer will get bored.
- Quality over quantity: No matter what your budget is, your number one priority is to make the video look and sound nice. Whether you have live actors or an animation, make sure you are creating a high-quality video.
Tips for great marketing banners
Here are some tips for creating eye-catching marketing banners:
- Use free design software: Using a free design software, that offers royalty free vector graphics, helps cut down on your advertising costs. You’d be surprised to see the great designs that can be made with free software.
- Match the banner to your video campaign: Maintain consistency across your campaign. Make sure the videos and banners all go together.
- Keep it simple: Don’t get too wordy on your banner. Try to have one large main block of text that gets your message across concisely.
A great marketing campaign doesn’t have to be complicated. Use a diverse mix of videos and banners with a matching theme to attract customers to your brand.